If you’re sick of living in the suburbs of Detroit, it is time for you to move to Detroit, The Metro, which gives you an experience of living in a real city. Living in glorious summers and perfect winters will give you uncountable memories. However, Detroit is known for its horrible traffic and adverse weather conditions that make driving conditions unsafe. If you’re thinking of moving to Detroit, you must read this article that focuses on the driving rules to be followed.
Here are some of the driving tips that you must know when you are on wheels
- Under any circumstance, leave a safe distance between your car and the one in the front of you. If you fail to follow, somebody else will fill the space making it dangerous to drive.
- Read the construction signs that are placed after the exit of traffic signals. They often tell you about road closures.
- Detroit is highly equipped with electronic traffic warning system that makes the metro look high-tech
- Speed limits are to be followed strictly especially during the rush hours
- Rush hours traffic can be hectic in the Detroit Metro so it is advisable to avoid short cuts.
- Avoid throwing litter on the roads
- Detroit is famous for high-speed driving so get used to it without causing harm to others
- Follow the green light properly and do not forget to look left and right before proceeding.
- The role of every driver is to reach the destination safely and quickly so do not miss to have an eye contact with the other drivers, which will help you reach your destination safe.
Tips for safe driving in Detroit
- Seat belts are a must and make you wear your seat belts
- Children are supposed to restrain to their child safety seats and wear the seat belt
- Tune up the vehicle before every long drive. This makes driving efficient
- Gas stations are found at a reasonable distance but it is advisable to fill up the gas tanks before traveling out. The gas stations may be closed due to unexpected weather conditions.
- Do you have an alternate travel plan? Detroit weather is unpredictable especially during winters so be flexible with your travel plans.
- Be alert while you are on the road. Take breaks and stretch for a short nap to ensure you stay away while driving
- Speed limits are not meant for bad weather so have a control of your speed limit during bad weather conditions
- Avoid fatal accidents and pull of the mobile phones while you are driving.
Winter and snowfall driving tips
Driving during the winters in Detroit can be challenging even for the seasoned and professional drivers.
Prepare the car for winter and snowfall
Avoid driving in all possible conditions but if you still have to, ensure your car is winter-ready! The best way to avoid trouble on roads is to make sure your care is completely prepared for your driveway. Top up the antifreeze, fill up the washer fluid, check the air pressure on tires, change the wiper blade and replace the battery if needed. A little preparation in advance will save your car from unexpected incidents.
Be cautious on bad roads
You cannot guess how slippery a road can get. Beware of black ice, which can form even during strong winds and in 40-degree temperature. Poorly lit areas, under the bridge, ice on roads can be a thread to driving so be extra cautious.
Heard of winter driving courses
If you are the new driver in Detroit, it is advisable to prepare yourself for the winter and snow. Navigating through the snow can be tough but winter driving courses will help you to master the art of driving in poor weather conditions.
Dangerous Freeway stretch in Detroit
9 Mile Road in Hazel Park and Northbound 1-75 John R are the vehicle-accident prone areas in Detroit. Slow down your speed when you are actually driving in this area.
Avoid distractions and phone calls, follow the rules of safety drive and enjoy your drive while you are in Detroit. You’ll love the experiences you get during your stay in Detroit so make sure you follow safety rules and make the most of your stay in the beautiful metro.